2019 Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association Highlights
Since 1919, the GSCRA has delivered quality programs and services to drive the economic sustainability of the community. For the past century, the chamber has been a champion for a thriving community, a convener of leaders and influencers to get things done and a catalyst for sustainable business growth and development.
As we approach the next century, we’d like to take the opportunity to thank YOU for investing in the GSCRA and our community.
Highlighted below are a few of our accomplishments during 2019, and we are not done yet!
GSCRA is a Champion for a Thriving Community
- Produced the 122nd Annual Strawberry Days Festival.
- Launched the new ATHENA Emerging Leadership Program as part of the Miss Strawberry Days Scholarship Program.
- Recognized ATHENA, ATHENA YP, Citizen of the Year, Top Brass Outstanding Business of the Year, Top Brass Milestone Awards and Ambassador of the Year.
- Produced the “What’s the Story Behind It?” edition of the Insider’s Guide to Glenwood.
- Welcomed thousands of visitors to the Visitor Information Center.
- Helped implement the Hanging Lake management plan:
- Served as a key-partner of the Hanging Lake communications team.
- com is the exclusive website for purchasing Hanging Lake permits, resulting in 40% increase in web-traffic in the year over year comparison.
- Hanging Lake Partnership was honored with an award for Outstanding Sustainability Initiative by the Colorado Tourism Office.
- The Colorado Historic Hot Springs Loop, of which Glenwood Springs is included, was awarded the Governor’s Award for Outstanding Marketing.
- Represented Glenwood Springs by hosting international familiarization tours and media, attending industry trade shows and facilitating the Rockies Playground Regional Marketing Consortium.
- Glenwood Springs was featured and highlighted in magazines, news and by social influencers numerous times in 2019. Some of the highest-value PR results were achieved through articles in Martha Steward Magazine, the New York Times, BuzzFeed, Forbes, USA Today, Los Angeles Times and internationally in the UK, Germany, France, China, Australia and Canada.
- Marketed Glenwood Springs with traditional, digital, social, guerilla and out-of-home media buys on the Front Range, Dallas-Fort Worth, neighboring states and internationally.
GSCRA is a Catalyst for Sustainable Business Growth and Development
- Launched a new mobile-friendly, Google map-based search engine for hotels and restaurants on visitglenwood.com to help improve the visitor experience and highlight local businesses.
- Partnered with the Glenwood Springs Library, Colorado Mountain College, BlizzardPress, Glenwood Springs Post Independent and River Blend Coffee to present the Business & Breakfast small business series.
- Provided scores of networking and business building opportunities such as Business After Hours, W.I.N. (Women Interacting & Networking), Business & Breakfast, Let’s Do Lunch Leads Groups, Ambassadors and the Valley View Health Bites series.
- Brought together over 30 community members on a Rhine River cruise for a week of relationship building and networking.
GSCRA is the Convener of Leaders and Influencers to Get Things Done
- Business Advocacy Advisory Board created a 2019 legislative agenda allowing us to advocate on behalf of our businesses and community.
- Hosted Progress and Possibilities: State of the Community and Economic Outlook event with a panel discussion exploring challenges and opportunities related to housing affordability.
- Co-hosted a State of the State business luncheon with the Colorado Chamber and our neighboring chambers of commerce.
- Wrote dozens of letters to elected officials and granting organizations supporting business and community initiatives.
- Hosted Issues & Answers Forum for spring and fall elections and produced a Fall Voter Guide explaining the GSCRA’s position on the various ballot issues.
- GSCRA Board of Directors unanimously passed a resolution opposing the Mid-Continent Quarry Expansion.
We could not have accomplished any of these things without your support. Together, we look forward to continuing to build business and community for the next century and beyond.