|The Energize Colorado Gap Fund will provide more than $25 million in small business loans and grants to boost small businesses impacted by COVID-19. Sole proprietors, businesses and nonprofits with less than 25 full-time employees can apply for up to a $15,000 grant and a $20,000 loan for a possible combined total of $35,000 in financial assistance.
The application is scheduled for an August 1, 2020 launch. Sign up to Energize Colorado’s email list to be alerted when the application opens.
You must be either a:
- small business or enterprise – Colorado sole proprietors and registered small businesses including LLCs, S-Corps and other business types.
- nonprofit – Colorado nonprofits whose mission and/or programs directly support economic development, small businesses, or tourism.
You must also:
- have fewer than 25 employees – Applicants must have fewer than 25 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees. An employer may use its off-season employee count.
- be impacted by COVID-19 – Applicants must be able to show the economic hardship their business is facing due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The business’s story of hardship plus documents such as bank records, point of sale receipts, profit and loss statements, or other documents can be used to show economic harm.
Any eligible Colorado small enterprise is welcome to apply. Priority will be given to the following applicants:
- majority-owned by black, indigenous, people of color, veterans, or women
- in rural areas with population of less than 50,000 people
- in the tourism sector
- with limited or no access to capital financing or other federal, state or local grants/loans
How to Apply
In the coming weeks, the application will open on Energize Colorado’s website.
We recommend you gather these documents to show how you have been impacted by COVID-19:
- bank records
- profit and loss statements
- tax filings
- expense receipts
Energize Colorado will provide a mentoring program to assist in filing this application including translation.
Please also review the answers to frequently asked questions.
Sign up to be alerted when applications open.