Join Our Team – GSCRA Seeking Vice President of Special Events and Programs
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, October 19
POSITION: Vice President of Special Events and Programs
RESPONSIBLE TO: President & CEO
LOCATION: Chamber Office
FUNCTION: This position is responsible for planning and executing
special events and programs that maximize potential
impact and benefits in critical areas of the chamber
mission and strategic plan.
▪ Responsible for all aspects of planning and implementation of various
chamber events including, but not limited to: Annual Gala, Strawberry Days
Festival, seminars and other events and programs as directed by the
President & CEO.
▪ Plan collaboratively with GSCRA staff to create an annual calendar of
special events that maximizes potential impact and benefits in critical areas
of the GSCRA mission and strategic plan.
▪ Coordinate all staff, subcontractors, vendors and volunteers needed for
special events and programs.
▪ Identify and participate in discussion and decision-making about strategies,
opportunities, potential conflicts, and other issues related to the successful
production of events.
▪ Develop and/or maintain highly professional standards and procedures for
production of events in keeping with the image and reputation of the
▪ Prepare pre- and post-event analysis and assess opportunities and make
recommendations for improving service to internal and external
constituencies and implement those improvements as appropriate.
▪ Prepare year-end events report, providing analysis and recommendations for
future actions and improvements.
▪ Develop proposals for new events as they pertain to the mission of the
chamber showing financial feasibility. All new programs or events must be
approved by President & CEO.
▪ Coordinate special projects as assigned by President & CEO.
▪ In partnership with key staff, develop and/or ensure utilization of standardized
systems and technology to automate elements of event planning, tracking,
and production whenever possible.
▪ Strategically plan, prepare, and organize all promotional marketing for
chamber functions alongside appropriate staff and/or subcontractors.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
Bachelor’s degree and at least two years equivalent work experience required.
Experience working with non-profits, associations or chambers preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs. Highly organized and flexible individual
with project management and/or event planning experience. Strong
budgeting, written and oral communication skills.